Family Study Room Policy
The Family Study Room (Lower Level, Room 143) is a place where parents can bring their children and study. The room does not provide childcare, but offers a family friendly place for students who are parents to study and work on projects with their children. The space provides child-friendly furniture, children’s books, toys, and technology. Other learning resources can be checked out at Maag Library and the Curriculum Resource Center.
- A room key can be checked out at the Maag Circulation Desk with your current YSU ID for three-hour intervals. Child must be present.
- Available on a first-come, first-served basis, and cannot be reserved in advance.
- Additional room use time may be requested, depending on demand.
- Three families at a time can share the room, including any equipment and resources.
- Do not leave your child unattended at anytime. Parent/guardians are responsible for their children’s safety and behavior. If an unsupervised child comes to the attention of library personnel, YSU police will be contacted.
- Food and drinks are permitted as long as they are covered and parents clean up accordingly.
- Changing stations are located in the restrooms located on the same floor. Please do not use the Family Friendly Study Room for diaper changing.
- A lactation room is available on the same level. Checkout key at the Circulation Desk on the main level.
- Library books brought into the room from other areas should be returned to the Circulation Desk on the main floor.
- The room is not soundproof. The Testing Center is located on the same floor as well as classrooms that require quiet. Please use soft voices while in hallways and in the room. Use reasonable sound levels on all devices.
- Personal items left in the room are sent to campus lost and found in Kilcawley Center.
- Library resources are not censored. Parents are responsible for monitoring what their children access, both online and print.
- Library staff is not available for computer assistance. Report equipment or other issues to the Circulation Desk on the main floor or call 330-941-3678.
- Please respect all items in the room as well as other occupants. Patrons may be asked to leave if they disturb others or engage in destructive or inappropriate behavior. Study rooms are not for social gatherings.
- All library users must comply with our Patron Code of Conduct. Anyone found to be disruptive may be asked to leave.
- Failure to follow the Family Friendly Study Room rules and the Maag Library Patron Code of Conduct may result in loss of room privileges.
- The room should be left clean, neat, and orderly!