Patrons may initiate hold requests on Maag Library materials.
Please Note: Holds prevent a patron from renewing the item.
When to Place a Hold
- A book is available for checkout.
- A desired book is checked out to another borrower. Patrons should first check the OhioLINK Library Catalog for availability of another copy. Otherwise, they may place a hold on the item.
- The library will send an email notification once the item becomes available. The item will be on hold at the Circulation Desk for a number of days.
How to Place a Hold
- In the MaagNET Library Catalog, click on the desired item.
- Click the "Request" button (located underneath the title) to initiate the hold request.
- Enter your name and YSU ID# (begins with "Y"). If the desired item is not needed after a certain date, enter that date. To complete request, click the "Submit" button.
- The requested material(s) will show in the next page.
- You will receive an email notifying you that the item(s) is available for pick-up and the pick-up location. Patrons can monitor their requests and holds using the their Library Account.